Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Its a bird! Its a plane! No, its...

SUPERMAN!!!

Yet another birthday, this time for a grown-up comic book superhero fan. I really liked the Frozen Buttercream Transfer done with the Hello Kitty cake and wanted to try it again, this time to try and perfect it.

I had made regular vanilla cupcakes, and topped it with a blue buttercream swirl. Yes, I used Spiderman cupcake wrappers since I couldn't find Superman ones anywhere!! (Is it bad to mix DC Comics with Marvel??)

I piped out the Superman logo backwards onto wax paper, and froze it overnight. The next morning, I carefully peeled off the paper and placed the logo carefully onto each cupcake. A few of them broke or weren't fully frozen yet, which was expected. I had made extras just in case!

The longer they sat on the cupcake, the more they started to melt and wilt onto the blue icing below. None of them broke off or bled onto the blue icing though, which was good news. In the end, I was happy with how these turned out. I think because these logos were smaller than the Hello Kitty one, it worked out better.



No comments:

Post a Comment