Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Charity begins in the home...but shouldn't end there.

November 23, 2011:
"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store."- Dr. Seuss

I made these cupcakes for a workplace charitable campaign. The first set were Oreo cupcakes which I had made several times before. They seemed to get good reviews so knew they would sell. These have half an Oreo cookie on the bottom of the cupcake, crumbs mixed into the buttercream icing, and half 1/2 a cookie on top.



The second set were made to look like ornaments. I used mini candy canes with the ends cut off to resemble the hooks. Then I decorated the cupcaes with mini M&Ms.

The next set I made were regular cupcakes topped with buttercream icing and bits of crushed candy canes. A few of them had a piece of candy cane in them to satisfy the ocassional sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment