Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Engagement Cake

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr. Seuss

I love that quote! Two friends of mines are now engaged (congrats!) and decided they wanted a cake at their family engagement party. Their colors were salmon pink, silver, and black and they asked for a 12" square lemon cake. I made this cake with a 3" cake pan and tripled the lemon cake recipe the soon-to-be bride had given me. 

They didn't want anything too fancy or to include fondant so I decided to cover the cake in pink icing, pipe out congratulations in black, add intertwined rings, and sorround the base with ribbon.


The silver ribbon I chose was mesh-like so to avoid having the buttercream seep through, I lined the back of the ribbon with strips of wax paper to make sure the cake was still safely edible. I then layered a thinner black ribbon on top of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment